LEAF on Campus CASE STUDY
Students win big with future-proof Campus Card Solution
Combining secure Smart Cards and LEAF protocols open doors to a future of interoperability.
Director of IT for Auxiliary Services
Building Controls Engineer for University Housing
"We have future-proofed our program with DESfire EV2 for the next 15-20 years and that was the original goal of our technology committe was to find a product that we could carry forward for 15-20 years."
UGA in the News
University of Georgia creates card system from the ground up
UNIVERSITY OPTS TO OWN ENCRYPTION KEYS TO FOSTER FLEXIBILITY
by Andrew Hudson, CR80News
In 2017, the University of Georgia made the advancement of card technology a priority on campus. UGA’s OneCard Oversight Committee was formed and turned the lens inward, examining its card environment from within. The Committee was tasked with ensuring the review process enhanced security, created a collaborative phased approach and proactively prevented any future service disruptions while minimizing overall cost impacts. Read Full Article on CR80News.com
UGA Solution Highlights
- Solution lifespan goal of 20 years
- Multi-application ready, including door access, POS, vending, athletics, etc.
- UGA Encryption Key ownership
- 1800+ contactless readers
- 35,000 MIFARE® DESFire® EV2 smart cards
- LEAF 2.1 compliant credential data model
- Card suppliers: multiple
- Access Reader supplier: WaveLynx Technologies